Boiler Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Worcester junior 24i combi boiler, which we haven't had any issues with until yesterday. The hot water didn't come through and the boiler needed resetting. This happened again when the heating was due to come on and further investigation showed low pressure.

I repressurised using the internal filling key and all was fine until about an hour later when water started appearing on the sideboard, clearly dripping from inside the boiler at around a drop a second.

You'll have to forgive my very limited knowledge of boilers but the leak appears to be coming from the back of the pump - Bosch type UPS 15-60.

There is a thin copper wire running from the pressure gauge to a plastic arm that protrudes from the pump. The water appears to be leaking from where this arm enters the main body of the pump - although it maybe from the top of this join (is there a join?!), I can't get far enough in to see.

It doesn't appear to be coming from above this as there is nothing there except the metal case. The water is clear and drips slow to a stop once pressure has fallen.

I have turned the power off to the boiler except when we need a shower. It has no problems coming on and working.

Appreciate any thoughts and also whether it sounds like a quick/cheap job or new pump etc.

My issue is I don't know my way around these things and as I don't know what or why it's leaking, I can't have a bash at fixing it.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If yopu dont have the knowledge or experience to repair your boiler then the obvious answer is to call a competent enginer.

The pump is less likely to be the problem.

Tony

thanks - just keen to avoid call out charges etc if all it needs is a replacement washer or tightening of a connection

grateful to learn it's unlikely to be the pump

Sponsored Links
Appreciate any thoughts and also whether it sounds like a quick/cheap job or new pump etc

call out a engineer listen to his advice he will let you know what part needs to be changed what the price is and how long the job will take

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back