Why just one switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finllay I took off the bath panel (I thought it is difficult) and I saw this . Is it normal? Can I go ahead to replace the taps myself?

Attachments

• 20210715_090025.jpg
    20210715_090025.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 20210714_172510.jpg
    20210714_172510.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 20210715_085810.jpg
    20210715_085810.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 119
Sponsored Links
Yes totally normal. Good luck with undoing the nut on the far tap. Looks like the tap tails are removable pushfit, those grey elbows aren't so easy to reuse but you shouldn't need to mess with them

Sponsored Links
Yes totally normal. Good luck with undoing the nut on the far tap. Looks like the tap tails are removable pushfit, those grey elbows aren't so easy to reuse but you shouldn't need to mess with them
I did replace the kitchen tap myself there are two pipes one hot one cold but this one in the bath look quite different.

Right hand side is cold, has an isolator, so you can turn that one off. Hot water on left you will have to isolate from hot water cylinder.

Once both isolated, double check with tap then you are good to swap over.

Right hand side is cold, has an isolator, so you can turn that one off. Hot water on left you will have to isolate from hot water cylinder.

Once both isolated, double check with tap then you are good to swap over.
Thanks so much

The nuts are large because the tap tail thread is large !! You will need a suitable spanner ,like a crow foot ,to undo them,
( Other special tools are also available ).
The nuts that hold the tap onto the bath ,and the nut that connects the supply pipe to the tap are often not the same size ,so before you start make sure you have the right tools for the job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back