Why range rate a modulating boiler?

A lot of boiler noise comes from the fan ramping up under full load/ouput

Range rating a boiler down is usually achieved by winding down the fan settings (RPM), it may not actually say that on the adjustment setting but that is in effect what it would be doing. Therefore the boiler may not sound like a jumbo taking off when it starts up, which I presume is what you hear being up above it in the bedroom.

Sponsored Links
@mrbg07546 It's stated as an "Integral, variable speed high efficiency circulation pump". Documentation is a bit vague as it initially only mentions it's variable based on "Outside temp" so you could read that as only when using Weather comp. But there is a section to describe how you change max in 'standard mode'. There's no auto - just a 1 to100 option for the max speed.

1705505545051.png

1705505417046.png

A lot of boiler noise comes from the fan ramping up under full load/ouput

Range rating a boiler down is usually achieved by winding down the fan settings (RPM), it may not actually say that on the adjustment setting but that is in effect what it would be doing. Therefore the boiler may not sound like a jumbo taking off when it starts up, which I presume is what you hear being up above it in the bedroom.
that would be great if the case. I'll just have to give it a whirl and see. Would be nice if the boiler had explicit control for this or even a 'soft start' option which would heat slower but quieter.

Sponsored Links
The advantage of lower range rating is less massive spikes in tempreture, and more eco as it is in lower flow temps longer as it is getting to temp. As a example it’s -2 today and my boiler takes 1 hour to get up to 45 degrees. Once it’s their it stays .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back