Why were cast rads plumbed top and bottom for flo and return

A few modern immitations of CI radiators do have baffles, to behave like a TBOE radiatior..Zehnder, for example...that baffle is only two sections from one end, and the bleed valve is the opposite end. The radiator has to have the flow opposite the bleed valve..

At last someone confirms what I said is true in some cases!

Thanks Alex!

So much for the "historic" experience of some of the others! Perhaps they need to keep more up to date with current developments?

Tony

Sponsored Links
A few modern immitations of CI radiators do have baffles, to behave like a TBOE radiatior..Zehnder, for example...that baffle is only two sections from one end, and the bleed valve is the opposite end. The radiator has to have the flow opposite the bleed valve..

At last someone confirms what I said is true in some cases!

Thanks Alex!

So much for the "historic" experience of some of the others! Perhaps they need to keep more up to date with current developments?

Tony

Tony , you knew full well the OP was reffering to the old 'school' type radiators and not the type Alec is speaking of which don't have the facility to be able to plumb for TBOE.

Sponsored Links
Hi there

I run **** - we produce modern cast iron radiators near **** using the traditional method of sectional radiators, gaskets and joining nipples.

There are no baffles in our cast iron radiators, nor in any reclaimed radiator I've come across in 15 years of experience. To make our radiators TBOE, we simply connect the valve bushes in that configuration. There is (in my opinion) no disadvantage to either BBOE or TBOE in either gravity-fed or pumped systems. My advice would be to install your radiators BBOE.

I would strongly advise you install a magnetic filter on your system to protect your boiler.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes
Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back