Why were these threads deleted?

Sponsored Links
Did anyone spot anything untoward? Mods/Admin?

I got E mail advice of new posts on all 3 only to find they had been deleted!
I can understand mods/admin deleting individual posts for inappropriate content or advertising but why delete the whole thread, any other useful info is also lost! :rolleyes:

but what about mine? you even delete the thread when i ask?!!!!

Sponsored Links
I should have known I wouldn't get any sense out of this :rolleyes: :LOL:

As mod7 says, the links you receive in email notification go directly to the new post. In the event of that post being removed (in this case because they were spam) the link no longer works.

The topic to which the spam post was added is not removed.

As mod7 says, the links you receive in email notification go directly to the new post. In the event of that post being removed (in this case because they were spam) the link no longer works.

The topic to which the spam post was added is not removed.
Ah! That explains why I sometimes get a "post missing" message.

Instead of leaving you customers lost and wondering what has happened, could you not replace the deleted post by a post within the topic, similar to that from a Moderator, saying that the post has been deleted because it was spam etc.

Instead of leaving you customers lost and wondering what has happened, could you not replace the deleted post by a post within the topic, similar to that from a Moderator, saying that the post has been deleted because it was spam etc.
Unfortunately that actually seems to make total sense :LOL:

That is true, it is possible but would need some re-jigging. At the moment when a post is removed it no longer exists in the database, so the software doesn't know the difference between a post that has never been made and a post that has been deleted. This is something that will hopefully be added in the future.

Sponsored Links
Back