Why would i replace Hot water cylinder ?

Sponsored Links
15,021btu,s is slightly less than an average gas fire and doesnt seem enough to run rads off it.

If the output of appliance is 15000 and the rads are only 15000 btu or below then its enough . No one is saying its for full c/heating

i dont understand why a water circulator would be used to run radiators it main function is to heat the cylinder you would be lucky to heat a couple of k2 rads when taking p/work and cylinder into account.15000btus would be no way near enough to do this.

Sponsored Links
What size k2`s 7500 btu ones :rolleyes: .
Its simple its in johnson starley literature and its done and works . Same as it did on the maxol back boilers

Its for limited output 3 bedrooms 4000 btu`s a room hot water priority no one is saying its an ideal system but it suits some people. Who want heat right through the house but ducting was never installed.

APL he is on about adding a circulator on a warm air unit so it would be indirect cylinder not direct

I thought, but I might be wrong, that the add on circulator for the J&S warm air units was usually directly connected to a direct cylinder as APL is suggesting?

Only in soft water areas is a direct connection used.

namsag,i have worked and changed hundreds off warm air units and cylinders and they have all been direct cylinders. :confused:
would my existing electric emmersion heater tank be ok or should i get it replaced for £350 ?

If they are going to exchange and it remains the same - electric immersion, then NO.

If they are installing a gas water heating circulator in the Warm air unit, then Yes. Get them to quoter for a Janus gas circulator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back