Why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is it that windcreens do not have a heating element (like the back screens) to defrost them in times like these.?

I'm sure someone could design something that will be safe to use even if involved in a crash. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Fords do. They have a patent on it though. :p

My Fiesta had one. A godsend. Unfortunately, they suffer from element fracture, like the back screens do, and you get vertical lines of mist down the screen ;)

Steves right. A Mondeo Ghia I had many years ago had one. You could see the elements in the screen though and I found that really annoying. To the point where I'd rather a frozen screen for week rather than 52 weeks of looking at the squiggly lines in the glass.

Sponsored Links
as steve said ford have the patent i guess the other car manufactuers
don't want to pay ford for the privilage!

how on earth do you get a patent for..

" aw crap, I put the back screen on the front.... sod it I'm not changing it now.."?

Like the theory coljack but how many cars have you seen with the rear window the same shape and size of the front screen.

You are over thinking this one.

Just drive in reverse everywhere.

unless you have a Diesel car, starting the engine and the windscreen demist blower will clear it nearly as quickly as the HRW element.

My neighbour has a heated screen in his Range Rover, it cracked and cost a fortune to replace.

Fords do. They have a patent on it though. :p

My Fiesta had one. A godsend. Unfortunately, they suffer from element fracture, like the back screens do, and you get vertical lines of mist down the screen ;)

There are other cars with heated from screens. Lexus and Cadillac also have it. I don't think it's an option on Lexus in this country though.
It's not cold enough for long enough in this country to justify the expense of making it a standard fixture.

Why not just cover the windscreen with those cheap sunscreen covers when cold weather is predicted?...

simples... :LOL:

unless you have a Diesel car, starting the engine and the windscreen demist blower will clear it nearly as quickly as the HRW element.

Very true. Start the engine 10 mins earlier, lock the car with the spare key, and make a bacon sarnie. Or park your other vehicle over the exit to your driveway.

Scott.

Sponsored Links
Back