Wickes & BnQ cheap bathroom suites

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been looking at bathroom suites in BnQ and Wickes and noticed they had several for around or under £300 (Bath, toilet, Basin, including taps).

Whats your opinion of these? They appear to be very cheap for a bathroom! Are these any good or are they best to stay clear off?

Has anyone brought any? If so whats your opinions of them?

Regards

Naz

Sponsored Links
I have a cheap bathroom suite that came from B&Q and it's OK.

I did throw away the taps immediately though, they were awful! By awful I mean the style of them, I'm sure they would shut the water off.

The loo flushes well, much better than some others I've seen, but doesn't have mounting holes in the back of the cistern. You have to rely on the pan being stable on the floor.

The basin, I don't know how to describe it, it's very slightly out of shape. You wouldn't notice it unless you kneel down and sight along the front edge.

What can I say about the bath... It's a bath.

Unfortunately I can't remember what the name of the suite was... I think it was some mediterranean sort of name, but I guess a lot of bathrooms have names like that.

Good value for money IMO.

They are very cheap and nasty. Go and look in a small independant. You can usually find bargains and get to choose your own taps. I've just fitted a suite for someone which coat them £70 pressed steel bath. £70 fair quality wc. £100 nice china vanity complete and they lashed out 110 onn the bath shower mixer and basin taps. They could have got taps for £45.

All this with choice as opposed to a package.

Yup, they are good value for money, and its the same as anything else...... you get what you pay for imo. Although, for the price range you are looking at, Screwfix do some better suites i reckon, with steel bath, and mixer shower taps. they look really nice, and i'm thinking of purchasing one over the suites at B&Q.

Just my 2 peneths, but i would recomend looking at the screwfix brochure/website.

Rich

Sponsored Links
Yep the Grove suites from screwfix are very good for the money.

Bin the bath panel and loo seat and fit decent ones and they don't look bad at all.

I fitted a cheap one for a friend.

I am not sure where it came from perhaps Wickes but it was made in Turkey and I thought for a cheap one it was really very good!

The very cheap B&Q one with a shell effect really does look very cheap though.

Tony

I bought one of the "shell" suites from B&Q for my house, the "Azure". Was quite impressed, one point I liked was the toilet has a syphon flush which seems to be unusual now. Pottery actually made by a reputable name, just cant remember which.... Fitted and working with no troubles.

My mate then bought the same style suite for his house, the whole lot had to go back. (That was after they'd already sifted through the boxes in the shop to find one without at least one of the pottery items smashed...) Pan was lop sided, bath waste hole was off centre, and basin had a chip in front..... They can be ok, but my advice is if you do buy one, check it thoroughly before you leave the store......!!!!!!!

I had an issue with cash. (Hadnt got very much!) Anyway dont spend much time in there to look at it. Jump in shower and cant see much of the suite anyway!

I'd recommend Dovcor Bathrooms over wickes and B&Q as we've just bought one off them and it's a lot better than our previous one. They deliver for free too which is also a bonus over the bigger companies :) for what you get the price is amazing.... and there is a competition on at the moment where you can win a load of bathroom furniture :)

Luxury Bathroom Suites

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back