bathroom suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i was just wondering how much it would cost to fit a new bathroom suite consisting of bath,toilet,basin,shower tray & shower mixer, all taps supplied all pipework in place I understand that some modifications may need to be made reasonable prices please :)

Sponsored Links
Difficult to say without looking at it but something like £250 plus materials?

Do you want it doing cheaply or properly?

Leaky, are you off your head? The going rate for a homer, cash in hand is £475 straight swap.

Leaky, are you off your head? The going rate for a homer, cash in hand is £475 straight swap.

FFS i knew those posh folk in the east were minted but i didnt know by how much, £475 for a straight swap, ( a straight swap for me is 3-4hrs)

Sponsored Links
That is the going rate around here even for apprentices doing homers.

Never undervalue yourself.

Btw that includes all materials

£200 tops is all i would charge for that, including bits and bobs to change wc set, and some pipe fittings and would still be embarrassed

I was fitting bathroom suites in 1976 as an apprentice for £80. Straight swaps, bath dropped onto old connectors, bit of work dressing a 3" offset on a lead pop (no McAlpine big offsets then) still finished in about 5-6hrs.

Washing machines (automatics were just coming in)£25 - £40.

Thats 34 years ago!

Had a guy on phone last year "how much to plumb in washing machine"?
Me - £60 (where is the inflation on that)
Him - "Your too dear"
Me - F@ck off

£200 tops is all i would charge for that, including bits and bobs to change wc set, and some pipe fittings and would still be embarrassed

Embarrassed to make about £150 for a days work. I know it can be done in around half a day, nearly all the hard swaps have already been done but what have you planned for the rest of the day?

Hope the phone rings so you can top up the days takings?

You are running a business to MAKE MONEY.

By the time you pay your overheads you are just making a wage.

You don't work for yourself to make a wage. You could work books in with no hasstle, no worries and stress for a wage!

Btw if the cust can spend £1 - 1.5K on a suite do you think it should be fitted for £200 so it looks like something from the ideal homes mag?

They buy the suite but never stop to think how much to install. Half the stuff now comes from China or Eastern Europe with fittings that would test the krypton factor (complete with broken english instructions and pictures!) and we are meant to take the hit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back