Wickes branded paint - any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to redecorate our living room and master bedroom. The walls are going to be wallpapered but looking for some paint for ceilings, doors and skirting boards.

I'll be using gloss for doors and skirting boards and likely matt for ceilings.

I've been told that the wickes branded paint is very good and actually better than most brand names such as dulux.

Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers

Andy

Sponsored Links
Speaking from my experiences with Wickes paint, I would steer clear of the Trade stuff but I have found that their Master range is pretty good. On the other hand many people say the exact opposite and swear by the trade paint.

Dulux Trade range is far better than any of the Wickes products (and the regular retail Dulux paints come to that) but will set you back a few quid more.

Wickes paint was made by Leyland, but is now made by a German manfacturer. The masterstroke stuff is quite good.

Andy

I think you would be far better off to go with trade paints such as Dulux, Leyland, or Gliddens, you will get both far better opacity and viscosity using these systems as opposed to any shed or retail paints.

Dec

Sponsored Links
thankyou for your replies,

Ill have a look around and see what I can find. I'll look at the wickes master range as well as the dulux trade range.

I've never seen the leyland or gliddens ranges, where are they available from?

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back