Wickes Combi 2000 wireless thermostat connections

Sponsored Links
what reason did you have for changing from a wired to a wireless thermostat? using another 2 wire stat would be a lot easier

I've had three wired thermostats pack in over the last few years so thought I'd try a wireless one as I got it cheap.

have you had the same fault occur on all the stats?

Sponsored Links
I've had three wired thermostats pack in over the last few years so thought I'd try a wireless one as I got it cheap.

:rolleyes:

Next time, buy a proper one, with a brand that someone has heard of, eg Honeywell, Drayton. Cheaper in the long run.

P.S. connect terminals 3 and 4 on the stat to the 2 terminals on the boiler that were connected to your old stat.

Cheers mate last two were Drayton's :cry:

Is that terminals 3 and 4 for volt free operation or terminal 3 (live) and terminal 4 (heat on) where terminals 2 and 3 are linked?

Cheers.

have you had the same fault occur on all the stats?

Yes mate just died - no display, replaced the batteries -no joy then replaced the stats and everything back to normal.

did you replace the batteries?
I replace very few room 'stats, they are, generally, very reliable.

So does the boiler SWL require 240 volts or is it low voltage off the PCB switching ? need to see more of the boilers wiring details ?

they look, to me, to be the boiler internal wiring.
We need to know whether the room stat has to be mains or "volts free."

Still not seeing the boilers wiring installation instructions, are there any warnings regarding connecting the room stat, ie, DONT CONNECT TO 240 VOLTS written anywhere, any instructions showing where the room stat wires connects to ?

you don't appear to understand.
the 'stat is suitable for both, the boiler instruction will explain whether it should be wired for 240v or not, although the wording may not make it obvious to all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back