Combi boiler wireless thermostat problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my central heating wireless thermostat on my Combi boiler. The boiler will start the heating on its own even though the thermostat is in the off position and no comfort setting has been selected. It will then not switch off until you switch the boiler mains supply off and on. It will also on occasion continue to stay on when the temperature is reached on the thermostat, or the shut off time cycle and requires to be shut off from the mains switch also. It now has a problem that the boiler will not light for a long time for the heating when overridden outside the setting times. The thermostat control is indicating that the system is running for heating and the low battery indicator is not lit. The receiver box has only the red light on and does not display any yellow or green calling lights for a long time and then it will just come on. The system is an Ariston Genus HE 30 and the Thermostat is a CELECT COR908WHB-3-RF/B which consists of COR908WHB-3-Tr Control centre and a COR2000WHB-Re receiver. Before I start going into buying a new Thermostat could the problems be that there is an outside interference affecting my address code setting and switching it on or even though the control set is not indicating the battery is low could it be a battery fault in the control unit causing these weird problems.

Sponsored Links
The wireless thermostat needs to be 'paired' with the receiver in order for them to communicate...

You should have instructions to guide you through this process, if not google is your friend! The receiver is likely to be wired to your boiler as a separate small box.... Will likely have the brand name of the stat on it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back