Wireless Thermostat Not Switching Heating Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

To control the central heating on my vokera combi, i was have a horstmann T50 wireless thermostat and receiver ( i think it might also be known as a HRFS1). All of a suddan, the thermostat does not now switch the heating off.

It will kick the heating on no problem (on a program or manually) but when the thermostat reached temperature it shows on the thermostat as being off but the boiler and receiver are still on.

I've tried replacing the batteries and resetting the receiver but the same thing happns.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Pete

Sponsored Links
hi guys. thanks for the quick replies.

no idea if i've got motorized valvesto be honest.

my assumption was that as stem said, it seems like the receive just isn't getting the signal.

that being said, it does work if i move the thermostat right next to the receiver!

do you think it would be work trying to change the frequency that it runs on?

Sponsored Links
Some do have a poor range or can be shielded by metal objects, walls etc., but it's unusual for it not to work if it has done previously.

Has anything changed in your home? Did you change the batteries for a brand new set, or some half used ones that you borrowed from elsewhere?

I would try changing the frequency. Nothing lost if it doesn't work.

yeah. totally used to work and nothing has changed around the house or anything.

they were unused batteries but i have had them a while. do you think its worth trying a litterally new purchased set?

i'll give the frequency change a go tonight and post back if it fails still.

thanks

If the receiver is still "on" it's not receiving the "off" signal from the transmitter, what has that to do with the motorised valves?
Nothing! :oops: I should have read the OP more carefully.

just another quick note as well. i take it that the temp control on the boiler itself should be switched to auto? im sure it was previously, just haven't looked at it for a while.

Hi rad_pete,

Just wondering if you got to the bottom of your issue with the thermostat as we are experiencing the same problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back