Wickes. Jhonstones,Glidden or Dulux Diamond Matt emulsion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boss has asked me to decorate his office as he knows I do a bit of diy. At the moment its magnolia matt but looks like it is washable. I( managed to rub off afew marks with a bit of spit on my thumb). Anyway grossness aside what paint would be recommended. I have read that Wickes trade emiulsion is good value. I quite like the look of Dulux Diamond matt , but is way expensive. Is there an industrial brand of matt emulsion that might be used in offices etc.

Sponsored Links
What [emulsion] paint would be recommended.
There's no way to answer such a question until you've decided what your requirements are !

Do you want: 1) a cheap job 2) a high quality finish or 3) a durable/washable finish. Every time you favour one variable, you seem to get penalised on the other two. Here are a few of my ideas:

In Feb 2010 Wickes changed their suppliers. Any opinions about their paints which pre-date that transition are irrelevant. My experience with current solvent-based Wickes paints border on horror stories. But if you want a 10L bucket of cheapness then their Trade Matt emulsion suffices!

How much paint do you need to do the job? The really cheap prices only kick in when you buy 10L+, selecting from a very restricted colour range.

If you want a paint to be durable/washable then you must look for the word "vinyl" on the label. This usually adds nearly 50% to the price. Super durable paints come at a super price!

Every time you buy a new paint you will need to get used to it's vagaries. Different paints often require different techiques, even different tools. You won't get optimum results until you've adjusted your own methods to the new paint.

This summer I've been using Leyland Trade Vinyl Matt and once I got used to it, I had no complaints for the price.

I would prefer a durable high quality finish, The colour is magnolia. There is about 50 square meters to do so more than 10l. I bought Crown matt when it was on offer at Band q for a tenner for 10l. It give a nice finish but I don't think it will durable enough for an office.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back