WIckes RWb9.cw - Central Heating Woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I have the above Wickes control box for my hot water and central heating. Currently my hot water comes on when i turn it on from the box but my central heating doesnt, it only comes on when i turn on the hot water and then the central heating, the central heating will then turn itself off once the water is hot. Before now i could turn on the central heating independently.

I had a central heating engineer out today, he originally thought it was the pump so changed that, it still didnt work (he claimed the pump needed replacing anyway), he therefore said it was an electrical issue and maybe the wickes box needed replacing.

Im already severly out of pocket so am concerned about paying for an electrician to come out and also concerned about buying a new control box only to find that isnt the problem.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I would think its afault with your motorised valve

Forget an electrician...most no nothing about heating systems.

Tell us what setup you have ie types of motorised valve etc. Pictures of the components would be good.

Perhaps you have a couple of 2 port valves.....a partially siezed heating zone valve, weak motor or failed microswitch would give the symptoms you describe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back