Widening space for washing machine?

Sponsored Links
I'm trying to figure out how cheap a blade you want to use with a plunging rail saw.

For a reasonable cut you need to use something like a 40 to 50 tooth blade - and DW happen to do a nice little 165mm 40t blade (DT10640-QZ) which I can generally pick up for £11 to £14. That is about the same price as the 24t version (DT10624-QZ) - just in case you want a faster, rougher cut. In any case for rougher work I just wouldn't use a plunge saw

I actually use the cordless tool far more than the corded tools. If nothing else it gets round the need for regular PAT testing and carrying 110v cables (only to find they are too short, or the supply is ropey)

Ok so just take out central support panel like foxholes said. Perhaps some supporting baton at back.

in circled photo both sides of cupboard (with euro hinges in) has holes all over. Can this be replaced or holes covered with a strip glued on?
20221101_120326.jpg
20221101_120149.jpg
20221101_120154.jpg
20221101_120154.jpg

You can buy purpose made plugs for the task, also self adhesive cover pieces (called FastCaps) or even use coloured wax, mixed to match as required. You can also fill with a near match 2-pack wood filler then tone in with coloured timber repair pens from firms such as Konig. Lots of ways to do neat repairs

As a handyman you really need to learn about a few of these techniques, so take a good look around the Konig website

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I'm trying to figure out how cheap a blade you want to use with a plunging rail saw.

For a reasonable cut you need to use something like a 40 to 50 tooth blade - and DW happen to do a nice little 165mm 40t blade (DT10640-QZ) which I can generally pick up for £11 to £14. That is about the same price as the 24t version (DT10624-QZ) - just in case you want a faster, rougher cut. In any case for rougher work I just wouldn't use a plunge saw

I actually use the cordless tool far more than the corded tools. If nothing else it gets round the need for regular PAT testing and carrying 110v cables (only to find they are too short, or the supply is ropey)
I find the Trend Craft Triple Chip Blades good for most things, most of the stuff I do is Finish work. A pack of three from FFX "bought this morning" was £27, so what's that £9 a blade, singularly they are £12ish.

I have got loads of Festool Blades of varying teeth, but they sit in the box, blunt, I just buy the Craft Blades now.

Incidentally, I use the Festool Plunge saw on site because I have the Festool M Class and that's 110v so need a lead anyway.

You can also fill with a near match 2-pack wood filler

When filling holes in tiles, I often use water based tubes of artists' paints and mix them in with 2 pack filler. It remains tackier than regular 2K filler but can, eventually, be sanded or chiselled back. If the colour is very light, rather than using grey filler I use the Tetrosil Stone Fill, it is honey coloured and the catalyst is white, requiring less acrylic paint to be added.

You end up with a uniform colour but it is possible to tweak it if you want a multicolour/grained finish-but pretty hard to. In fact, I have never attempted to grain it, too much hassle, but doable.

Got a shelf that has an unequal gap, shall I scribe it to side of panel and cut with a trend triple chip blade in circular saw(as recommended above) and shift shelf over so
equal gap on both sides?

Also the unequal gap running down side of panel on wall which wasn't scribe to wall, is there a quick way to hide it? E.g a strip or something

He owes builder £1000 and isn't paying that's why they aren't coming back to fix this lot
20221101_120446.jpg
20221101_120608.jpg
20221101_115943.jpg
20221101_115834.jpg

If the kitchen has been fitted correctly there will already be supporting baton to any open expanse or worktop .
No baton, could one be fitted underneath the middle upright removed?

No baton, could one be fitted underneath the middle upright removed?
Good job. I can't stand musical worktops!

There should be a timber batten fixed to the wall. TBH one of your photos seems to show just such a batten

Either my age/eyesight is catching up with me or we are trying to cover a number of issues here.
The original photos were related to fitting another washing machine under a worktop. That photograph shows a single shelved narrow cupboard to the right-hand end.
The next set of photos show, what appears to be, a double height cupboard with what I refer to as wine racking shelves to the left of it. Meanwhile we are still talking about the washing machine gap and now discussing covering some holes in a door frame.
Next set of photos, at post #24 we are back to talking about a baton under the worktop. Which I presumed meant under the washing machine worktop. Post #26 we are talking about an uneven shelf, (presumably in the double height cupboard but could be in a bedroom 3 doors away for all we know!), then we are back to a photo under A worktop which isn't next to the wine rack cupboard because that panel is grey and the ones under the worktop are white. Then it's a photo of the side of a cupboard which needed scribing to the wall on installation!
My head is spinning! I can't keep up with this jumping about from one subject to another without a rational explanation of where we are each time. It's like listening to a conversation between a couple of women who know exactly what each is talking about but to a bloke it's a top-secret code they are using!
What is the present position regarding the original enquiry about fitting another washing machine under a worktop?
Please, can someone explain before I drink a bottle of scotch instead of a glass!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back