wife thinks im going to kill her

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help, we have our boiler in the garage (modern build) i put our carbon monoxide alarm in the garage and have the boiler serviced by b/g every year - i park the car in the garage and sometimes of recent... when i start it up in the morning its gone off (i obviously keep the garage door open when taking it out..but shut it when i take it outside..a short time later the alarm has gone off...(we do have a door from our garage to our house)

do i move the carbon monoxide in the house.

wife wants the car outside (something i dont want to do)

thanks...

Sponsored Links
what about in the dinning area?!? or about the enterance to the kitchen or at the foot of the stairs?!

Sponsored Links
wife thinks im going to kill her
I always find it best not to disappoint them...! :evil:

what about in the dinning area?!? or about the enterance to the kitchen or at the foot of the stairs?!
When fitting a CO Detector you should follow the Manufactures Instructions. If the only gas appliance you have is the boiler in the garage then place the CO Detector near to the door leading into the garage but not so close as to make it trip every time you enter the house and allow a small amount of the car exhaust CO in. If you have other gas appliances ie Gas Fires, then a CO Detector should be placed in the same room as the appliance. The alarm should be at least 1 meter away from any appliance though. I'd also suggest you place an alarm in a central location in your home such as the hall or landing (if you have an upstairs). This acts as a second/back-up should the first fail (although you must check all and each of your Smoke/CO Detectors regularly), and is the point where it would hopefully be heard should you miss the sound of the first alarm (the door to the room may be closed). Also, I think they normally recommend detectors be positioned at head/breathing height.

Just to add you should change CO detectors every 5 years, Smoke and Heats every 10.

Please help, we have our boiler in the garage (modern build) i put our carbon monoxide alarm in the garage and have the boiler serviced by b/g every year - i park the car in the garage and sometimes of recent... when i start it up in the morning its gone off (i obviously keep the garage door open when taking it out..but shut it when i take it outside..a short time later the alarm has gone off...(we do have a door from our garage to our house)

do i move the carbon monoxide in the house.

wife wants the car outside (something i dont want to do)

thanks...

Just like to make an observation here, i dont usually as a rule give helpfull info, cause i'm not qualified, however why mention your boiler, if as you say it's modern then i assume its a combi with a balenced flu, if its been fitted in line with the regs it's very unlikely to be filling your garage with fumes, your car is the culprit here, similar to having a fag & blowing the smoke on a smoke alarm. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back