Wifi extender running on electrical cables

With your suggestion that does mean a ether net cable being plugged into main router and then into another extender somewhere in the house

I've changed the names on the mesh, regardless of having same name the device would still be connected to the access point and then won't automatically connect to the nearest one
It would only need to re-connect (to the nearest AP) if the AP it is on is unreliable signal.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The use of SPD is likely going to reduce their use
I can't see a SPD making any really difference. SPDs don't generally do anything until/unless they detect overvoltage.

It does help with powerline network gear if you can get both ends on the same circuit. At my parents place we use powerline networking to get network to the shed and after initially finding the link unreliable I installed a socket in the house on the outbuilding supply specifically to plug the powerline network gear into. This improved the reliability considerably.

It does help with powerline network gear if you can get both ends on the same circuit. At my parents place we use powerline networking to get network to the shed and after initially finding the link unreliable I installed a socket in the house on the outbuilding supply specifically to plug the powerline network gear into. This improved the reliability considerably.

The Magnetic trip coil in the MCB acting as a choke, possibly? Would have been interesting to see if changing to C curve MCBs made any difference or not

Sponsored Links
I'd imagine that in addition to any attenutation from the protective devices, the large n way split at the consumer unit would also significantly attenuate the signals (and cause a bunch of reflections, but powerline network is going to have to deal with that either way).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back