Will Buildings insurance cover tracing electric fault

Is it easy or problematic to get laminate flooring off and put it back again, i.e. take off some laminate get to floorboards and put that same laminate flooring back again after wards?
You have to start at the edge and take up whole strips at a time. So yes problematic.

Sponsored Links
Has anyone actually looked at this job, and decided the fault is DEFINITELY under the floorboards?

Or is this just guesswork?

These Homeserve people are berks.

Has anyone actually looked at this job, and decided the fault is DEFINITELY under the floorboards?

Or is this just guesswork?

These Homeserve people are berks.
Oh come on SW they're not tha...

Actually yep you're right, one of our local rental agencies encourages landlords to use them and it seems to be a roll of the dice who they send out.
One of the classics was heating not working, the contracted company threw it back as fusebox problem.
I found there was a phone charger plugged into the single socket under the boiler instead of the short flex hanging beside it.
And the fusebox? guess who had replaced it less then 6 months before with a Schneider CU full of RCBO's?

On second thoughts SW might need a stronger word.

Sponsored Links
ahh ok my bad wrong terminology. learnt something now. It's the MCB that keeps popping off if I turn it on. Will post a pic of CU

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back