Will I destroy worktop when removing semi countertop bathroom sink?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to hear if anyone has tried this? Am I on a hiding to nothing trying to get the sink out without wrecking the worktop? No retaining clips, it just sits on top of worktop and is glued in (hopefully just with silicone)

Did think about cutting it out in sections with a grinder ....

Sink is cracked and I've got an identical replacement to go in.

http://www.roperrhodes.co.uk/product/minerva-semi-countertop-basin/#.VgAoMtJVhBc

Sponsored Links
It should be possible - I got one out a few years ago. Use something (like maybe a flat knife?) to cut as much of the seal/glue as you can under the sink, and attack the glue from below too. Once you get a little movement it'll come out. The only fly in the ointment would be if the laminate is de-laminating...and therefore would lift off the face along with the sink.

Gives me some hope at least! (y) Worktop itself looks fine. I'll just take my time then and try the knife technique - maybe a putty knife .. just need to be careful not to scratch the high gloss worktop, might mask it off a bit.

For starters it's not a sink, a sink is a culinary appliance generally found in a Kitchen or Utility room.
It's a semi-recessed wash basin, that should come out fairly easily.

Sponsored Links
Will I destroy worktop when removing semi countertop bathroom sink?

I did:rolleyes:. After spending acres of time and more cash than necessary sourcing an exact footprint.
Try the knife, but maybe a flexible break off modelling knife, extended to 4/5 break offs. Should give flexibility. Wear gloves

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back