Will the boiler run more radiators?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Potterton Netaheat 10-16 boiler - Internet search has told me that it has a total output of 55000 BTU, is this correct?

Want to add two ratiators, have measured all existing radiators and have come up with a figure of 44546 BTU for all radiators, including the two new ones.

My question is will the boiler have enough BTU to run all rads and the Hot water?

Hope I have given all the info you need and look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Should be ok . but will take its time to get them all hot . Mainly due to netaheat being a big lump of iron to get hot first .If you have a timer that you can set hot water and heating different have the HW come on half hour before heating in the winter.

I prefer to work in KW, but in old money I've got 51,000 BTU load in the form of rads on my Netaheat 10-16. I think you have to add another 6,000 for your Cylinder. All it means is if you house isn't top spec in insulation terms, your boiler will take a long time to heat the place up, especially when its cold. One thing you must consider is that your boiler only produced 55,000 BTU on day one. Its not as efficient now due to scaling etc.. Also every £1 of gas you use, at least 40p is spent heating your garden.

I'm changing mine to a 24Kw (81,000 BTU) Vaillant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back