will this work ok?

maybe OP should have mentioned oil. rather than gas. if you think you can get a bunded tank at that price think again. but suppose you know what materials are needed.

Sponsored Links
maybe OP should have mentioned oil. rather than gas. if you think you can get a bunded tank at that price think again. but suppose you know what materials are needed.

I have a tank thanks.

Cost was for pipe etc to connect boiler to it (5 meters away and i think £500 i allowed was o.k ? )

We have not decided yet tho if going oil or LPG. The LPG tank i understand will be supplied and installed buy calor. The fitting of what ever tank used is not included in quotes as that is already being done by someone else.

This thread 'if you read my first post' was asking if what was planned with what pipe etc being used. I was not asking about price, simply if what was planned was correct or not.

It turns out that larger pipe is needed.

I have a tank thanks.

Cost was for pipe etc to connect boiler to it (5 meters away and i think £500 i allowed was o.k ? )

We have not decided yet tho if going oil or LPG. The LPG tank i understand will be supplied and installed buy calor. The fitting of what ever tank used is not included in quotes as that is already being done by someone else.

This thread 'if you read my first post' was asking if what was planned with what pipe etc being used. I was not asking about price, simply if what was planned was correct or not.

Go for oil. Reliability. LPG will be very expensive running. (I know I heat my house with it)

I have a tank thanks.

Go for oil. Reliability. LPG will be very expensive running. (I know I heat my house with it)

Really ?

i have been advised away from oil?

Been told on here that oil can be a issue if a spill as i will be liable. Also it gets stolen and also costs more than LPG?

To be fair i was originally looking at oil. Also i cant find any plumbers local that will do a oil install. I have found others that will a fair few miles away tho. (just they wont do the actually heating pipework!)

Sponsored Links
Firstly I would imagine the blowers would have a connection for the room stat. So the 2 ports probably not required? Next I would put 2 smaller boilers in cascade with low loss header etc. and your pipe sizing is way off. Min 35mm up to 2nd heater.... It's a little far for me but if price was right??? :D

Another good call on the control aspect for single heater coil batteries.
The heating circuit needs only the temperature control imposed by the boiler operting thermostat thus providing CTCV.
Interlock the fan and output is reduced by about 90% and hot water is instantly available when the fan is reactivated by the room thermostat.

At the start of the thread it was suggested using Reznor gas fire heaters. In my opinion without seeing the job it has to be the best solution, although I would go for powrmatic.

As for 22mm pipe, one has to wonder how long the boiler would last, on the other hand 70 KW sounds a lot unless there's no doors in the place.

On a plus side I know the OP couldn't afford me so carry on.

Wonder what a 35mm end feed tee comes to nowadays?
Me to merchant - 3 quid-ish + VAT
merchant to installer - 4 quid + VAT
installer to consumer = £14.99 plus fitting. :LOL:

It's the 35mm copper price you need to worry about! If you're paying £5 per metre for 22mm expect to pay £12 for 35mm.

Wonder what a 35mm end feed tee comes to nowadays?
Me to merchant - 3 quid-ish + VAT
merchant to installer - 4 quid + VAT
installer to consumer = £14.99 plus fitting. :LOL:

It's the 35mm copper price you need to worry about! If you're paying £5 per metre for 22mm expect to pay £12 for 35mm.

Tell me about - we are half way through a 60kW domestic install at the moment and it's scary what materials are coming to. We're over £3.6K and that is just a bit of underfloor, the cylinder and some copper (28 & 22). Not even bought the boiler and controls yet :eek:

But then what do I know? I only do this for a living :D

*edit* damn tablet keyboard.

mattysupra";p="2572023 said:
Really ?

i have been advised away from oil?

Been told on here that oil can be a issue if a spill as i will be liable. Also it gets stolen and also costs more than LPG?

To be fair i was originally looking at oil. Also i cant find any plumbers local that will do a oil install. I have found others that will a fair few miles away tho. (just they wont do the actually heating pipework!)

Oil boilers last 20-30 years. Cheap to repair and maintain. Litterally bomb proof. More kw per litre of oil than per litre of lpg.
Thefts of oil generally aren't that much of a problem for steel tanks just
the flimsy plastic tanks.
With lpg you'll be paying a yearly tank rental on top of the lpg. £60-100
per year.

Couple of questions for the OP -

Is the only space to be heated the 9x9x3 storage area you mentioned?

Who carried out the heat loss calculation that concluded you need 70kw?

I take it you're not on mains gas so require either an LPG tank or oil?

Is the 3m head height below a mezz floor? What's above the mezz?

Powrmatics suspended heater range are another option with downward oil firing burner. Outputs from 20 to 60 kw.
powrmatic.jpg

Couple of questions for the OP -

Is the only space to be heated the 9x9x3 storage area you mentioned?

Who carried out the heat loss calculation that concluded you need 70kw?

I take it you're not on mains gas so require either an LPG tank or oil?

Is the 3m head height below a mezz floor? What's above the mezz?

No, but warehouse space needs to be maintained at a different temperature to other areas. I need it to always be above 12c but below 18c as a average 7 days a week.

The heat loss was done by myself using online calc's i could find. I have asked everyone who has been to quote so far if they can do it and im yet to find anyone who can. They simply go off what i have come up with saying they seem correct which im not happy with as i could be very wrong.

No mains Gas supply.

The 3m height is below mez. The other areas to be heated are 9m x 16m x 8m and the other area is 9m x 16m x 4m. These areas need to be able to get to 21c if i need but can drop as low as 5c while we are not there.

As for insulation, the lowest the building has dropped to at moment over night / full weekend is 10c even tho -1 outside the other day. We are heating with large electric heaters at moment in the day.

OK, thanks. Needs a proper survey, as you have several options, some of which have been mentioned already. One thing that hasn't been mentioned is installing a VRF/VRV type AC system,(refrigerant based) which does heating and cooling. You could possibly direct some of the heat via ductwork to allow for places with low ceiling heights ?These type of systems do not require gas or oil, just electricity (although bigger units might require 3 phase) You can also achieve good temp control. Won't be cheap but as you haven't said you want it done on a shoe string, then it might be an option worth looking at?
I would be interested but you're too far away for me. I reckon that someone in the closed forum might be interested though? If not, then stop inviting plumbers round to quote, as it's not their thing and look on the HVCA website (or B&ES as it's now called) and find a local heating/ventilation company. You won't struggle to find one in the WM.

Check out MSM limited, based in oldbury, I used to work for them before I started my own business, good smallish sized HVAC and plumbing firm, used to cover national contracts but think they are a bit more local now,
Try to get Simon if possible, they probably won't be cheap but they do things right and do their own design calcs.

www.msmlimited.co.uk

Alex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back