Window Hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I need to replace the hinges on a side opening uPVC window - the current hinge says "Cotswold 08 14 SS" on it - can someone please let me know if I need to find an exact same hinge, or would another manufacturer do? I don't want to have to drill new holes and so would like to get one the same so all the holes line up.

Thanks,

Ackoman

Sponsored Links
Drilling patterns arent the same from hinge to hinge.

Cotswold are still available.

Drilling patterns arent the same from hinge to hinge.

Cotswold are still available.

Thanks for the reply - do the numbers 8 and 14 signify anything? The hinge seems to be 12" long and 17mm wide, not measured the height yet.

Thanks,
Ackoman

The height is probably the most important measurement. They are either 13mm or 17mm IIRC - get the wrong one and you have an issue!

Also check it offers the same, such as 90degree opening for fire escape.

I'd probably favour new holes be drilled, as PVC seems to not like threading so well on the second go.

Sponsored Links
You can get packers for the stack heights. So rather than take the sash out to check the stack height just buy 13mm with packers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back