Windows Defender

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi it's me again sorry. Just got one more query then I will leave you all in peace :LOL: :LOL:

Dell Inspiron 531
Windows Vista Home Basic Serivce Pack 2

Every time I click to open Windows Defender it comes up Windows Defender is turned off even although I've set it to scan daily at 1700. When I click Turn on and Open Windows Defender the next time I click on it the same message comes up. Tonight I clicked it and this message came up which hasn't come up before.

Windows Defender encountered an error 0x800106ba. A problem caused this program to stop. To start the service, restart the computer or search Help and Support for how to start a service manually. Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi I called a computer technician in to set up my new Laptop and I asked him about that. He says its because AVG Free has so many different features such as antispyware and LinkScanner so it clashes with Windows Defender. All I need to do is click switch it on and that's it's really. He said AVG used to be so simple ie just an antivirus. Thank you very much :D .

Back