Interactive Serivces dialog detection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got Windows Vista Home Basic and I'm probably worrying about nothing but I thought I'd check. This message keeps appearing on my taskbar Interactive Serivces dialog detection.

When I click on show the message my desktop disappears and says to install Window Live Toolbar. I closed it and it gave me the option to return to the desktop so click that and it goes back to whatever I was doing.

Next time I clicked on show the message it gave me the option of installing MSN Messenger so closed it and clicked return to desktop. Now it keeps pestering me every few minutes which is becoming annoying.

When I click on Program Details it comes up with
Message Title Windows Internet Explorer
Program Path:\Windows\system32\IEFRAME.dll.
Received: 4 September 2010 16:41.

I'm probably worrying about nothing but I want to check to be on the safe side. How do I get rid of this message and is it safe? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Found this on the net.....

To disable Interactive Services Dialog Detection messages in Vista, search the word “services” in your Start menu, click on Services when it comes up, and find Interactive Services Detection in the list of services. Right click it, and click Properties. Here, you can either Stop the service, or choose “Disabled” from the Startup Type menu. Either of these things will stop these messages from appearing."

However other posts mention that it could be a rouge service or Malware on the PC...well worth runinng 'malwarebytes' to check for problems.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all very much. I tried pausing the Interactive Serivces but it popped back so I clicked stop and the problem is no more. I'd never seen that before where my desktop disappears and I was a bit wary.

Back