windows/ door regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, just need some advice re windows and doors. i'm going to be building a extension for which i will need a patio/fench door and a single window, both double glazed.
I'm on a tight budget hence i'm taking a used secondhand approach. I just need some advice on which door and window i should get. What do i check for so that it comply's with building regs.

many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
FENSA does not apply to conservatories, porches', commercial premises or New Build properties or extensions. In both of these instances you are required to go through the Local Authority Building Control process. If your property is a Flat then planning permission may be required before replacing your windows therefore it is advisable to check this with the planning Department of your Local Authority, if planning permission is required a FENSA registered company can register the installation for certification purposes. If you live in a property that is a Listed Building and wish to replace your windows this would fall under the Jurisdiction of the relevant Local Authority therefore planning permission would be required and the installation cannot be registered with FENSA.

Doors with less than 50% glazing do not require registration.
Check out Fensa site if you need more info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back