windows not valid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My son bought a laptop from Bestbuy 3+ years ago. It has worked really well until last week. He gets a message on the bottom right of his screen saying his version of windows is not a valid copy. He can still use his laptop but the desk top has gone black. any advice please as he no longer has his windows registration and bestbuy gone bust.
Thank you

Sponsored Links
Surely there is a Windows Certificate of Authenticity affixed to the machine somewhere. On my netbook, it is underneath the battery. This will clearly (we hope) show the Product Key, which can be re-input into Windows (different OSes are done in different ways) and Windows then re-activated.

Strange really because if the OS was installed by the manufacturer using an OEM version then they do not need to be activated with Microsoft.

It is worth telephoning Microsoft activation line, not the automatic process, explain situation and they may well be willing to reactivate it.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for you replies. first chance to get back on line. I will haver a look at the battery cover and also try and contact microsoft. I will update once I know
Thank you

Lots of windows validation software about, if you know where to look.

Hi all. Reading some of the websites it may be possible the license has expired. I have tried everything including contacting microsoft. someone advised it may be a virus. i have tried boot scans etc but still nothing.

My PC regularly does this.
One minute it's invalid next day it's not.
It's perfectly valid windows.

In the normal sense, a Windows licence does not expire. Once you have bought a Certificate of Authenticity (even though this may have come with the PC) then you have a licence to use the software on a single PC in perpetuity. The licensor may cease to support the software, eventually rendering the licence unusable, but unless you breach any of the licence terms, it's yours to keep!

Best to look for daz's loader and then forget your worries.

Hi Mattylad I did try this a while ago but got a few virus's I will try again and let you know. Thank you for your responses

First off I do not advocate piracy, however there are times when windows thnks its pirated when its not.

A call to MS might fix it but that too can often be a pain.

Dazs loader removes the need for it.

Hi Mattylad I did try this a while ago but got a few virus's I will try again and let you know. Thank you for your responses

You have no virus from D az's kit - unless you got it indirectly, you can bet your digital life on it !

-0-

Hi Mattylad. My son tried the daz loader again last night and this seems to have done the trick. Hopefully that is the end of it. Thank you and everyone for all your help. Much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Back