Windows Task Manager

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi When I open Task Manager I have no tabs at the top of the window or the minimise, close button. The only way I can close task manager is to go into the icon tray and right click and click close. Don't know if that makes any sense. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
O.M.G. :mad:

I had the same problem a few months ago.
I couldn't fix it so I formatted and rebuilt :mad: :mad:

Why oh why didn't I ask here first! :oops:

Sponsored Links
O.M.G. :mad:

I had the same problem a few months ago.
I couldn't fix it so I formatted and rebuilt :mad: :mad:

Why oh why didn't I ask here first! :oops:

Or, why did I not bother to learn how to Google ?
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

As the meerkat might say ... "Simples..."

Yer tis...
http://sudarmuthu.com/blog/2006/05/07/google-search-syntax-dissected.html
NB.
intitle, allintitle
intext, allintext

More to Google than meets the casual eye... !
-0-

empip, I was about to write a scathing rebuke for taking the p!55 out of me but I looked at that sudarmuthu.com site and my eyes have been opened! I didn't know you could do so much in Google.

Dave, that's cool! :D :D

My excuse for not looking further into the problem is I had just rebuilt the laptop anyway and installed a PCMCIA wireless nic which had failed AGAIN! I've tried this card on 3 laptops over the years and it keeps screwing them up as I think it's faulty (I can't bear to throw it away as it cost so much money at the time). So it was co-incidence that the task manager went funny but I thought it was the card.

I noticed that I had MILLIONS of these Task Manager Page Faults on my computer so I decided to look around for problems. I noticed that I had 350MB of DDR memory used out of approximately 1GB. I also noticed that I had no Virutal Memory in use. Windows 7 caches memory that is not under demand. Should an app require memory, the OS will release the cached memory and make it available to the application.

What do page faults have to do with this thread?

Anyway, page 'faults' aren't faults. They're a normal part of your computer's operation, badly named.

Sponsored Links
Back