Wire a fan to a separate controller in bathroom

Sorry, but for that money you won't get a good humidity-controlled fan. Separate humidistats (like this http://www.xpelair.co.uk/xrh-remote-humidistat.html) work well, but are not cheap and, of course, need wiring which may be physically difficult. You could check the dewpoint using (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=dew+point&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=17221189910&hvpos=2t2&hvexid=665510&hvnetw=s&hvrand=16703520441635468171&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_41rzfyx9v), but again you're spending money.
One thought on your comments about the bedroom wall - the mould starts at the bottom and moved up? This sounds odd, usually you'd expect it in the corners at the top at first (especially behind furniture). Have you checked the outside wall and rainwater goods? The water from a gutter running down a wall may not penetrate but can super-cool the wall.
HTH

Sponsored Links
I may leave off changing the fan, and get a decent one down the line. I will stress to the new tenants that if they don't want the light, on to open the window a bit. The mould on the wall was in the corners, but where there bed was it was close to floor, but worse the higher it got. The ceilings are sloped and again, it started in the corners and went across, probably because i have loft insulation the main ceiling was unaffected, but there was no way of insulating the sloped parts. I need to redecorate before its let out again, im going to use a fungacidal additive in the paint as an extra defense. Although like i mentioned the place has been relatively mould free except a small patch in the corner on the bathroom ceiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back