Wire ferrules

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I think this would be the right section to post in. I'm looking for something like this:

to go on either end of some thin wire rope that I want to hang net curtains from. I have hooks set in the wall and want a way to hang the wire onto these hooks that allows them to be be removed easily for washing.

Anyone know where to get these from? Or a better way to hang the nets?

any help appreciated cheers

Sponsored Links
yeah i see that would be easier. i already have the wire without the loops on the end so thought id save some money but i guess the ferrules could cost as much anyway... really not a fan of nets but locals have mastered the passing by window with head at 90 degrees style of walking so il give them a go. neighbourhood watch sticker next....

cheers

Sponsored Links
yup effectively a long thin spring i suppose would describe it adequately, already compressed.
like what you had in your pic but minus the plastic sheathing
:cool:

In the old days, you bought a length of the plastic-coated wire spring stuff, cut it a bit shorter than was needed, screwed a small cup hook into each (hollow) end and, after threading it through the curtain, hooked it up to screw eyes in the frame.

These days, I use the rigid, telescopic type. Don't rely on the double sided sticky pads - use the screws to hold the clips to the frame (as well?).

These days net curtains are so many years ago.....

So am I... 27"x1 1/4" bike tyres, brace and bit, Tilley lamp, besam broom to sweep leaves, darning socks, two man crosscut saw for logs and trees, wondering how long it will be before fags are ten bob each...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back