How can I fit curtains to these windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am moving into a brand new property next week. Due to a 6 month warranty clause, I cannot hang anything from the walls or fit any blinds! I don't want to put up net curtains on hooks as I HATE net curtains. What can I do with this awkward top bedroom window?

window.jpg

Sponsored Links
hi,for abit of privacy try an expanding pole used for showers,no screws or drilling,this will at least cover up to the 90 degree angles and very simply to install

yes you could fit blinds no drilling reqd, are your windows upvc

hi ,after your 6 month clause i would recommend getting some vertical blinds fitted,made to measure,can open to either side or just one.

Sponsored Links
Hi all, thanks for the posts. The windows are wood double glazed, not UPVC. Maybe I can get blinds that fit to the wood frame....

Hi all, thanks for the posts. The windows are wood double glazed, not UPVC. Maybe I can get blinds that fit to the wood frame....
yes you can get them what are secured into wood frames are you local the northeast of england

Window treatment ideas for this kind of window are to not set the curtains to wide off the window. Probably only 15cm at most. Even though you have a lot of fabric to stack back when they open. You can use tie backs to hold them off the window. Another option is to use a thinner fabric.

Another thing that works well to give the window height is a valance or pelmet. Only rather than the usual 20cm depth make it 30 -35cm deep and fix it higher on the wall. So with the curtains not set to wide and a deeper top treatment this gives the illusion of a squarer window.

The dreaded arched windows!

Best window treatment ideas for arched windows. Most folks find this style of window a real pain.

It can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it.

Is it for privacy or for light in/out or both?
Considered a free-standing screen of some type? Like a nice japanese one?

That seems like an unusual and unreasonable warranty clause. Does it actually mean what you think it does?

Everyone would be expected to have some curtains or suchlike for privacy, and therefore it may be so unreasonable as to be unenforceable, and thus invalid.

In any case, fixing something around this window should not affect any other part of the property, therefore would not invalidate a warranty in terms of the rest of the property

If you are ok with a needle and thread this would be a doddle.

fasten along the rake of the head as outlined in the picture in black some velcro either pin it or buy the one with sticky tape on one side. then buy a festoon type blind curtain and cut to the shape at the head affix the tape to the blind and fix as in drawing. remember that if you buy the blind deep enough to drop to the bottom then you can lower it at night for privacy. you can use any colour,the lilac is for representation only. :LOL:

also please excuse my drawing paint workshop is not my forte

you will need to click on image to enlarge.

similar to wms's idea, you could probably get away with 2 x roman blinds.

bit of a pain to make from scratch (well, according to my missus they are anyway ;) ) but both ikea and B&Q both sell cheap ones that can be altered to suit your size requirements easily enough

I saw temporary blinds on dragons den a while back that were stick on and made of light corrugated paper .

Do a search this may be what you are looking for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back