Wire locations for external lights

Yes, but what I was trying to convey (I think I succeeded with the OP but apparently not with the expert ) is that the following -

upload_2017-6-25_23-39-10.png

is not a map for the installation of random cables - which is the impression given by these diagrams.

So, for cables NOT connected to the accessory, the accessory does not create (safe) zones.

Additionally, should you wish to do it,
cables connected to the socket may not use the green zones
and cables connected to the switch may not use the yellow zones.

Sponsored Links
Yes, but what I was trying to convey (I think I succeeded with the OP but apparently not with the expert ) is that the following -

is not a map for the installation of random cables - which is the impression given by these diagrams.
How could that ever be an impression gleaned by anybody who actually read the words as well as looked at the pictures?

The article in the Wiki says "Where the cable is connected to a point, accessory or switchgear on any surface of the wall or partition, the cable may be installed in a zone either horizontally or vertically, to the point, accessory or switchgear."

The Wiring Regulations say the same thing.

And what have I been saying, consistently, all the time I have been a member here? That people must actually understand what they are doing. That trying to do things by following instructions which they do not understand is unacceptable.

So, for cables NOT connected to the accessory, the accessory does not create (safe) zones.
Of course it doesn't.

But it does create 4 zones.

Accessories (sockets, switches etc.) do not create four safe zones, as is implied in the diagrams of safe zones.
Yes they do.

upload_2017-6-25_23-39-10-png.121563

The light switch creates four safe zones for cables connected to the light switch.

The socket creates four safe zones for cables connected to the socket.

Accessories (sockets, switches etc.) do not create four safe zones, as is implied in the diagrams of safe zones.
Yes they do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back