Wire texecom to switch on lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible and how to switch on some lights when the alarm is triggered. I will be getting a texecom premier elite 48 I know it has x10 automation controls. So is there some way to get the texecom panel to switch on say the hallway and landing lights and some outside lights when the alarm is triggered?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Why turn lights ON when the intruders are in the house, that will help them find their way around.

Turn lights in the house ON when people approach the house but if they break in turn then all the lights OFF both inside and out. Make it hard for the thieves to find things to steal.

I really don't know why people seem to think that having outside lights on or come on when a premises approached is a deterrent, they are not.

They are only of help if the premises owner is around to see what's going on otherwise they are only of great help to the intruder.

Who is around at silly o'clock in the morning watching to see if any one is going to break in? No one.

Better to have the X10 controller switch your lights on and off randomly to give the appearance of people being in the home.

Unfortunately I have only been able to control x10 devices via wall sockets ie bedside lamps , standard lamps etc
You may be able to get x10 switchable switches though which would work.

Sponsored Links
I see your points. I was thinking more the alarm got triggered and switched lights on whilst my family were asleep upstairs. I've had fake alarms go off in middle of night beforeso useful if hallway landing or outside lights came on for them to not be surprised by an intruder as they go to switch lights on. I suppose I could just have some remote which the family could use to switch all lights on in house if they were in.

you can use an elmdene mains switching unit or a gjd solitare unit to switch up to 3kw of lighting from your alarm system.

you can use an elmdene mains switching unit or a gjd solitare unit to switch up to 3kw of lighting from your alarm system.

I see your points. I was thinking more the alarm got triggered and switched lights on whilst my family were asleep upstairs. I've had fake alarms go off in middle of night beforeso useful if hallway landing or outside lights came on for them to not be surprised by an intruder as they go to switch lights on. I suppose I could just have some remote which the family could use to switch all lights on in house if they were in.

I've got a standard 10A relay attatched to an output on my alarm (prem 88) to switch the garage lights off when the system is set so they don't get left on accidentally all night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back