wire type and rating for workshop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

I am doing some small works in the workshop and would like to get all the stuff we need to do so .

I need to run 16ft of cable from consumer box to isolator switch ..the single to 3 phase converter req 25amp input c type breaker

Also a single phase air compressor same distance of cable that req 16amp

I was planning to running the cables and having local spark to do final conection to try save a little cash .

What size and type of cable do i need to buy ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Employ the electrician first and he will tell you what is required.
whssign.gif

Tommy - the electrician will have to sign documentation to say that she did the work, so you can't present her with faits accomplis of your design and your installation etc and expect her to do that.

Get her on board first, and agree what she is happy for you to do. Digging the trench will, I'm sure, be one of those things.

Thanks for the replys .

Its only internal wiring ban all sheds just from box to appliance ..But i will do as you reccomend and have them come out first and go from there

Tommy

Sponsored Links
Ah - sorry - I thought you were putting in a supply to the workshop. My bad. You probably won't need a trench, then....
disimulo.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back