wire up a ceramic hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
there are three live connectors on my bosch ceramic hob
connection 1.. nothing
connection 2.. 2 front rings ( i found out a week later )
connection 3.. if i take out my hob and try this will all 4 rings work or do i require some type of bridging wire
many thanks

Sponsored Links
There are a lot of hobs designed for French market and they have two supplies to work with their split phase system.

However to guess is not really the way to move forward so really you need to post exactly what type it is and maybe a photo of connection block.

I would say safe way is to get an electrician to do the work. It is so easy to make a mistake and give the connections for wrong model.

Is there not a wiring diagram printed on the underside of the hob?

Look carefully for a stack of bridging links within the connection block, usually tucked away so it's not too obvious.

Do not guess how to connect it.

Sponsored Links
thanks for all the advice. on the back there are instructions which i eventually figured out. which turned out was the 3rd connection with brass bridging connections.
yes an electrician would be great but theres no money in the pot, and if you dont try how are you going to learn
many thanks once again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back