Replacement Ceramic Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:LOL: New to this forum, but it looks good. Any advice on this:
Am Replacing our ceramic hob. (5.2kw) with a new one at same rating. My confusion is where my old ceramic hob had a connector with standard earth, live, neutral connection, this new hob has a earth, but the live and neutral are split into 2 connections. The manual doesn't help.

How should I make the connection? Connect to one and link the other, or split the 6mm2 cable (3 strands to one 3 to another)?

(Power details:
Connecting to a control unit with 6mm2 cable, which goes to consumer unit with 40amp fuse.)

Sponsored Links
Do you mean you have 2 live terminals & 2 neutral terminals which are not linked. If so what are they connected to in the hob?

Looking at it there are "2" live and "2" neutral terminals, but I can see each is linked (ie live to live, neutral to neutral) with the metal base of the connection block...

It just threw me that there was 2 connections (or openings) for each. So looks like I can just wire in as normal..?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back