Wired alarm box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted a request for details of a simple replacement wired box to fire door contacts only on 19 August. I can't believe there are none out there but, up to now, have had no replies !

Sponsored Links
Do you demand free information from your solicitor or dentist?

I posted a request for details of a simple replacement wired box to fire door contacts only on 19 August. I can't believe there are none out there but, up to now, have had no replies !
After reading your first request, the answer is simple.

Just get the cheapest / smallest DiY panel you can find, Maplin / B&Q etc.

When it comes to the wiring just reuse what you have, the extra two extra wires are used for a 'tamper' circuit that you don't have with the old Selmar unit. Boy that brings back memories, one of the first alarms I ever played with. (35yrs ago?)_

Just loop out any tamper circuits/s you find in your new panel.

re the sounder, do what you like, just use the cable you have to whatever.

Look out for the stick you & I are going to get following this post, but that is par for the course.

I understand what you are looking for & if I can help any more I will,

good luck.

Very many thanks Europlex, I'm on my way to Maplins on Monday.
The Selmar box is still working, having been demoted to the garage system.
I was persuaded some years ago to go for "a more sophisticated one" which has gone kaput. If I can't get fixed up in the near future I may resurrect the Selmar.
regards
PS can't see why we should "get some stick" it seems a simple enough enquiry, I thought this was what forums were all about !

Sponsored Links
OK, visited Maplins but no seperate panels. Settled online for Avanti 8 at £34, great, just what I wanted. It needs a 12v 2.1ah battery ...any advice on best buy please.
Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back