Reinstalling alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had to disconnect and remove all the alarm fittings (pir`s, control box, internal sounder, keypad etc) apart from the external sounders, to refurb the old bungalow we moved into last year.

I took details of the wiring etc and now i`m ready to reinstall. As the system has been out of use for the last 8-9 months are there any particular probs i can expect on reinstall? Might the 12v battery in the control box be a prob?? (If the battery has gone flat flat should it recharge itself when reconnected to the mains)?

The system only had two pir`s and a magnetic door contact, i want to do without the mag contact and put a new pir in instead, can i use the same control box terminals for connecting this as the mag contact?

Sponsored Links
the panel will charge the battery for you.
how ever if its 4- 5 years old i suggest you get a new one.

You can use the same circuit ansd tamper connections for your new pir, but you will need + and - too, so if the cable was a 4 core, you will need a 6 core

I would also guess the door contact was for the front door, i would suggest if it was you still keep it, your choice.

Thanks for reply Breezer.
I`m on it.
Notice you are in Luton, (We moved from houghton regis to this bungalow in cornwall after living around the area for some 40 years. `UP THE HATTERS` (that had some effect once upon a time).
Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Before you go to all the effort of reinstalling it all, it may be helpful to you to get some wire & rewire the whole system up on the table.
LEave it running for a few days so that you can ensure it is all working OK.

There is nowt worse than fitting old gear to only find that it does not work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back