Citadel XR2 - Do I need to factory reset?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure how much help I'm going to get here but here goes anyway.

I bought a property a year ago which has a Citadel XR2 system fitted with just 2 PIR's fitted downstairs (lounge & kitchen [they are the only 2 rooms downstairs BTW]) and a magnetic type sensor on the front door. Keypad control is located on the wall just next to the door and there is a sounder box connected in the corner of the downstairs lounge ceiling. All is connected back to the main control board box which is up in the loft.

Now I've been renovating the house over the last year and when I first switched the electric on the alarm went off, so I disconnected the main power connection in at the box in the loft. Over the year I've had new walls/ceilings plastered etc. so I disconnected the PIR's and sounder (at the PIR's and sounder end) carefully noting which wires were connected where, remember there was no power to the circuit board box during this period.

Now I've finally got round to refixing the PIR's and sounder back to the ceiling and I've wired them back up exactly as they were. I still haven't reconnected the power back up at the control box.

I don't have the code for the alarm so will my only option be a factory reset when I reconnect the power back to the control box? I'm going to buy a new battery but if I use the old one will that be ok for testing purposes?

I have the user and engineers manuals and I'm not afraid to have a dabble reprogramming it all, just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of? and is there a chance that I could somehow reset/change the code without doing a total factory reset?

I appreciate I'll prob be pointed in the direction of getting an alarm engineer in but I can't see that it should be too difficult to sort this myself on this relatively simple setup, plus I really don't have anything to lose as I'm not too bothered about using the alarm even if I do get it working, would just be a bonus if it was operational.

Anyway, enough rambling, if anyone can give me any pointers that would be great.

Sponsored Links
Hi there

I have a citadel Xr2+ and recently moved into the property. I had to do a factory reset and got the system working ok. I was using a engineers manual online but they have removed it from the web now so I cannot fine tune the system which is very frustrating.

I would appreciate it a lot if I could get a copy of your installers manual by email and in return I will talk you through anything you need to do to set yours up

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi Icarus180, I've sent you a PM so you can let me know your email then I'll send you the manual.

I've not actually got round to sorting/resetting my alarm yet! I bought a new battery a while ago but just haven't really had the time to go through the factory reset/setup process. I put all the cabling back exactly how it was previously but not sure if it'll work/need changing.

Would be interested to know what potential pitfalls I might come across based on your experience should I decide to try and get my system up and running.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back