Citadel defender 2 sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I have a Citadel Defender 2 sounder connected to a 1997 Texecom Veritas R8 system, it has all worked since since 1997. I had to replace the sounder box a few years ago when one of the strobe lights failed.

Now, when I set the alarm, at the point when I expect the strobe to flash once to confirm all is set, there is no strobe flash but instead a very short bleep on the sounder. I've now worked out that the strobes don't work at all but the sounder works very well. When at unset there is a green light and a red light showing alternately. Before I climb the ladder to remove the sounder and replace it, has anyone seen this before and have other solutions? Could a faulty sounder unit battery do this?

Sponsored Links
sounds like a faulty strobe unit to me, i have fitted a few of those particular boxes and found after a few years the strobe fails, not all the time mind you but some have and some have not

as we only use texacom siren/strobe units i would reccomend fitting one of those

Thanks for getting back. Having had one fail five years ago it sounds as though the life expectancy of the Defender 2 unit is about five to six years which is in line with your comments. I think an alternative might be in order this time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back