Isolated bell box! Cant remember!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

We had some work done on our house over a year ago that involved disconnecting the texecom Veritas r8 system

I vaguely remember climbing up to the bell box and fitting a black jumper thing on some pins to turn it off. Would this be right?

I would like to reinstate the alarm.

Sounder is a Citadel Defender.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Probably not ....as most will work without the battery link on ....probably the lid screw is not in fully

Sponsored Links
Will check the tamper when i get up to put the link back on.

Another question, when i enter the access code at the panel all of the zone lights come on.

Is that right?

Ok

Managed to sort the bell box and now have a healthy keypad with no faults and green light on.

The pir’s have all been changed but i noticed they do not illuminate when in front of them?

Any ideas?

Post picture of pcb ....the new ones don't have fuses....you may need a multimeter to do any further checks

Post picture of pcb ....the new ones don't have fuses....you may need a multimeter to do any further checks

Def no fuses on the pcb.

Pir sensors are not lighting when in view
When i enter access code at control panel, all zones light up red. will not allow me to set system

Factory reset??

No....if it's a newer unit with the self resetting fuses , remove all power from aux and put one set of power connections back in one at a time , sounds like a short on a device

No....if it's a newer unit with the self resetting fuses , remove all power from aux and put one set of power connections back in one at a time , sounds like a short on a device

Aux in the panel?

Also im going to try to de-power the panel & remove the battery to reboot. Will this trigger the bell box?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back