Isolated bell box! Cant remember!

No....if it's a newer unit with the self resetting fuses , remove all power from aux and put one set of power connections back in one at a time , sounds like a short on a device

No voltage accross Aux terminals with wiring connected.
Checked with a mulit meter
Removed wiring and 12v comes back

Sponsored Links
So ....something has a short on it ....does your meter do ohms ? Or does it bleep when you touch the probes together ?
I assume that there are a few wires in the aux connector ? Take them out and either check with the meter for a short on each pair + and - or put a pair back in one at a time and check for voltage at the aux terminal , as soon as it disappears that's the cable with the issue ...

So ....something has a short on it ....does your meter do ohms ? Or does it bleep when you touch the probes together ?
I assume that there are a few wires in the aux connector ? Take them out and either check with the meter for a short on each pair + and - or put a pair back in one at a time and check for voltage at the aux terminal , as soon as it disappears that's the cable with the issue ...

Its a short on the garage door reed switch.

I have disconnected the aux wiring to it.

Pir back up and running except one which wont light up i took the pir cover off and it went into tamper ok. Strange as no aux voltage at that pir

Its a short on the garage door reed switch.

I have disconnected the aux wiring to it.

Pir back up and running except one which wont light up i took the pir cover off and it went into tamper ok. Strange as no aux voltage at that pir

Should be no aux connection on a reed switch ??
Have you checked at the pir for voltage ?

Sponsored Links
May have been put in the aux terminals by mistake !
So is it all working now ?

Oops yes i must have connected it to the aux. All working apart from tamper on the reed switch but i think its not making a solid connection when the door shuts.

Door is slightly warped!

Can i just disconnect it for now?

We used to have the garage up and over door reed switch set so that even with the system unset if you opened the door it would trigger an alert at the panel.

How would i go about programming that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back