Wired new Fan and Isolating switch but fan running

Shed, I'm not saying the the diagram is wrong. I very much doubt it would be as its on here, I was just after some help trying to understand it.

If you put Y rated tyres on my car I'm not sure I'd want it to go as slow as 180 MPH.

Don't be worried about my job, I've done it for the last 16 years and been to some pretty honking places in some horrendous conditions so I'm fully capable of that.

What I ment by a 10A wire is its normal 2.5mm but its coming straight from the consumer unit and at the consumer unit it's a 10A fuse.

Sponsored Links
Shed, I'm not saying the the diagram is wrong. I very much doubt it would be as its on here, I was just after some help trying to understand it.
You're an electrician, and you can't understand this?:

electrics:lighting:fanwiring3_nonh2.jpg

You're an electrician, and when you look at that diagram your interpretation is that because the fan isolation switch is rated at 10A, and the circuit is a 5A one, if you install a fan which draws between 5A and 10A "things would blow even though there isn't a fault"?

:rolleyes:

If you put Y rated tyres on my car I'm not sure I'd want it to go as slow as 180 MPH.
¿Que?

What I ment by a 10A wire is its normal 2.5mm but its coming straight from the consumer unit and at the consumer unit it's a 10A fuse.
What do the instructions for the fan say?

Sorry shed, I can't see it. Lets not dwell too much and we are clogging up someone's thread with chit chat. I understand the diagram and that the fan would work, im not saying it wouldnt. I just don't get how it is properly done. If you like to explain it then through me a PM. I must be missing something.

Sponsored Links
Can't see the point.

No matter how hard I try I cannot begin to understand what on earth you could possibly see in that diagram which is not properly done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back