Wireless Alarm System - Batteries?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm currently looking into purchasing an alarm system (nothing too fancy, just a couple of PIRs) to protect the home.

Been looking around (mostly on ebay) for a system to setup myself, and noticed that the majority of alarm systems are wireless.

Wireless would be a great option, however I have one question (that I can't seem to find much information about).

Each PIR sensor (or other sensor type) requires it's own battery. Does anyone know how long these batteries could be expected to last? Replacing the batteries once a year would be fine. Replacing them once a month would not be fine.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks very much,
Shockfire.

Sponsored Links
Most DIY and some professional systems are once a year. Some better systems have a lithium battery and will last up to 3 years.

Hope this helps

Grahame

In my experience batteries last around two years or longer. You can when you replace them get lithium replacements to ensure a longer time thereafter.
If you buy a Yale system with a control panel ie a 6300 or 6400 then you are actually allerted by the control panel when the batteries are getting low taking away the doubt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back