Wireless CH programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Currently, my boiler and programmer are in the garage. They were there when we moved in to our current house about 2 years ago. Its a fairly new installation (less than 10 years ago) but the only issue is that the programmer is stuck in the garage and if we want to adjust the timings at all, then I have to go out to the garage to change them.
Generally, its not a huge problem but recently I noticed that the water was very sporadic in being hot so I checked the clock and it was a way off!

So, I would put the clock on the right time and everything would be fine.
But today the same happened and I went out to reset the clock and I noticed the clock was kind of free moving, so I think its time I changed the unit.
Currently, its a Landis & Gyr old clock with the large dial on the left hand side and two sliders on the right (CH and HW).

So, what I would really like is some device that I can control from within the house, like a wireless programmer.
Do these exist?
Can anyone recommend such a unit that can replace the Landis & Gyr?

Many thanks in anticipation....
Donald

Sponsored Links
Absolutely such devices exist, wireless programmers. There is a box that is wired directly to the boiler and would sit next to it in your garage, then another box that you can locate somewhere in the house.

I don't know what boiler you have, or anything about Landis & Gyr timeclocks, but typically the wiring for these controllers is fairly standard. You would presumably need a two channel programmer?

Since you presumably don't have one now, this would also allow you to add a thermostat indoors to switch the heating off when the room was warm enough, or on when it got cold.

Wireless programmable room thermostats are very common, but wireless hot water cylinder thermostats are less so and in any event, usually require a twin or single channel programmer.

You might be better off with a single channel timer for the hot water, located in the garage and a wireless programmable room thermostat which you can operate from inside the house.

Very common requirement and easy to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back