Wireless CH room stat with programmer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am renovating my home at the moment and require a central heating programmer and thermostat.

I have always has hard wired stats with a standard programmer, but I have been toying with the idea of a wireless one, as I can move it around easily to find the best location for overall home comfort, once I have got all the thermostatic valves at the correct levels.

They also do a controller now that allows you to control the heating and hot water with any computer of mobile device, which is probably just a gimmick.

So, what I am after is either the recommendation of a good wireless stat with programmer (I have seen the Siemens REV24 RF 7 which seems to look good, though I have normally bought Honeywell in the past with no issues), or the recommendation to just go with a traditional setup.

Sponsored Links
bare in mind, thermostat's and TRV's in the same room will conflict with each other.

if the TRV is up to temp, it'll cut flow to the radiator, even though the thermostat might not be satisfied.

e.g. boiler firing for CH but room ain't getting warmer due to TRV.

as above, the room stat shouldn't be fitted with a rad with a trv, why do you want to keep walking around with it ? just fit it on the wall in the hallway make sure that rad hasn't a trv & then let the rest of your trv's control the rooms

Yes that makes sense. I will probably go with a standard honeywell programmer and fixed stat, putting the stat in the downstairs hall where there is a rad without a trv... thatnks for the advice

Sponsored Links
You haven't said what type of boiler you have. If you have a combi, you only need to control the heating times/temperatures; but if you have a hot water cylinder you also need to control the HW times.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back