Wireless programmers/thermostats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondered what the general concensus was on wireless programmers/thermostats (in one), as opposed to a hardwired thermostat and separate hardwired programmer. Obviously the wireless ones require less installation but are they generally reliable or are the units (and the receivers in the boiler) doomed to fail at some point?

Also, can you go down either route for any boiler, or are some shipped so that they can only be controlled either wireless or hardwired? It’s combis I’m looking at.

Sponsored Links
Personally having had 2 wireless themostats on a couple of boilers is I prefer them. the transmitter is kept in the lounge, so that gets to the temperature I set, but I could take them to another room if I need.

The Transmitter has failed on both over the years and I've got replacements, but they are the same Seimans RDJ10 so next time I'll probably avoid that make.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back