Wireless Thermostat for Vaillant Ecoplus boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I've got a Vaillant ecoplus boiler in the cellar, and really want a room thermostat in the lounge(ground floor). I was looking at the VRT 360, but had a look on here and some are saying to get a Danfoss or others.

I'm an IT guy so the controls shouldn't be an issue, but wondering if there are other issues with eg. Wireless interference with Wifi router, or signal strength (it's got to be strong enough to get to the cellar - but I can get my Wifi internet in the cellar, no problem).

Will any wireless thermostat work with my Ecoplus? What would I need to look for if not?

My other question is, can I install the receiver on the boiler myself, or do I need to call in a professional (eg. is it a corgi registered person that needs to do it, legally?)

If I can install it myself, is getting the VRT 360 going to be easier to install than another manufacturer's?

Thanks very much for any help/advice.

John

Sponsored Links
I have fitted a fair few Vaillant RF programmable room stats in homes with routers and other RF equipment and have had no issues... There is no reason why you cannot fit it yourself.. The benefit of using the Vaillant kit is that you can program the water preheater to come on and off which I don't believe you can do with a non Vaillant unit

Just about any wireless stat will work on your boiler. The draytons had problems with the rf connection, although they seem to have that sorted. I still don't find them userfriendly.
The honeywell cm927 is a lot better, and the siemens rev24rf is even better. The siemens has the strongest signal of all the ones I have used. Also the most accurate and most flexible in time/temperature settings. Very easy to program.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back