External Programmer for Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I've just got a Drayton Lifestyle LP711 control unit for my boiler, a Vaillant ecoplus 837.
I'd like to wire it myself.....am fairly handy unless instructions are aimed purely at an electrician - which I'm not!!
Can I ask if this is doable, and if so, any advice would be very gratefully received!

Many thanks

:):)

Sponsored Links
Very easy to do , would help iy you can get hold of a heating engineer who could give you a length of 5 core cable at 0.75mm2 its normally available at DIY outlets but I think quite eqpensive in them you can use two 3 core flexes or 2 x twin and earth but looks unsightly

And congratulations on purchasing a very reliable and easy to use programmer, there is so much **** out there these days

Technically you shouldn't be doing it yourself, as you're not Gas Safe Registered (I'm assuming) and therefore shouldn't be removing the front cover of the boiler, which forms the room seal on this boiler

Sponsored Links
Turn off at fuse spur. Remove link between terminals 3 and 4 on boiler. Run 5 core flex from boiler to LP711. Ignore earth wire. From memory it's live to live, neutral to neutral, 837 terminal 3 to LP711 terminal 1, 837 terminal 4 to LP711 terminal 3.

Why are you giving advice like this in the plumbing forum?

Did you not read what @muggles said?

To get to the pcb on these boilers means opening the sealed case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back