Wireless thermostat with two receivers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A customer has two heating boilers and I have suggested that he could have a single RF programmable stat with a receiver on each boiler.

There is no reason why this should not work but I wondered if anyone has used this solution.

Tony

Sponsored Links
But will he always want both boilers working identically, i.e. going on and off at exactly the same time?

Why are there two boilers?
Is the house zoned?

Why not use one receiver feeding the two boilers?

You can fit triple pole switches to the boilers if your worried about isolation.

There are no hardwired routes between the boilers, hence the RF stats.

They serve different floors.

Previously two seperate flats now occupied together and have same heating times needed.

Tony

Sponsored Links
From an electronics point of view, most wireless transmitter/receiver modules usually have a number of different selectable addresses to "pair" the two units together.
These are often set with a DIL (Dual In Line) switch.

Provided you use the same make and model of thermostats, and set both receivers to the same address, I cannot see there being any problems, provided both receivers are within range of the transmitter.

Keith

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back